"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Thursday, July 08, 2010

Movie Theater

If any of you have paid attention to my sidebar, you'll notice that I just updated the "Last Movie I Saw in the Theater" picture. It had been Twilight that I saw on opening night, November 21, 2008 with a group of friends in Lawrence, KS. One year and eight months later I replaced it with Eclipse, which I saw tonight, not opening night, with a different group of friends here in Virginia. I can count on one hand the movies I've seen in a movie theater since 2005.

1. Eclipse
2. Twilight
3. Cars
4. The Work and the Glory II: American Zion
*5. Toy Story III

I'm seriously tempted to see Toy Story 3 and the upcoming Ramona and Beezus movie. We'll see what happens.

You see, the thing is, in high school, most of my friends worked at our local movie theater and as long as we bought something from the concession stand, they were allowed to let us in for free. So having to actually PAY for a movie, especially when the price has gone up $3 each time I go, I just can't bring myself to do it all that often. Especially when I'm perfectly fine watching movies in the comfort of my own home. Seeing it in the theater is just a "I can't wait to see this!!" or a fun excuse for a Girls Night Out.

*added on Toy Story III, 9/2010

5 comments:

wendys said...

It's difficult to go to the movie theater with children. Once and a while we go to the dollar theater because then it doesn't matter so much if you are in the lobby most the time.

wendys said...

p.s. did you like eclipse?

Nance said...

Wendy-
I did enjoy Eclipse. But I'm not very critical of movies. Obviously there were a lot of things to make fun of (Edward's eyebrows for one, the girls in the audience swooning over Jacob for two, etc.) but it was still enjoyable.

Angela said...

I have a hard time spending money on movies at the theater when I can see them a few weeks later in the dollar theater or rent them from redbox for a dollar. I would really love your high school set up, that is an ideal movie situation for me. I love the concessions popcorn and soda!

Cristin said...

Wow, I can't believe you go so rarely. It's really cheap here and since there is nothing else to do, we see almost all the kids movies when they come out. Like today, I'm going to take the kids to see "Despicable Me" this afternoon and it's only going to cost $9!

I also saw Eclipse. Maybe I will write something about it on my blog. Way cheesy, but I liked it the best out of the 3 movies.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...