"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Candy!

I decided to stop buying candy several months ago. For a candy addict, this hasn't been easy. I've done really well though. I kept dropping hints to my husband and kids that THEY should buy me candy (for my birthday last month, etc.) but they just ignored me.

This doesn't mean I haven't eaten any candy. I had some stock piled away. I just wasn't buying any new candy. AND I still have a giant bag of Cadbury Mini Eggs hidden around here somewhere. Mainly this not buying or eating a lot of candy has worked out because it is now summer time, a billion degrees outside, and officially ice cream season at our house. Instead of buying candy, I'm stocking our freezer full of all our favorite ice cream flavors.

But I gave in and bought some candy the other day. What candy broke my resolve??



A new M&M, of course. I had to try the new Pretzel M&Ms. And while I was at it, I bought some Peanut Butter M&Ms because I can't resist a bag of Peanut Butter M&Ms. It practically jumped off the shelf into my cart at Target.



Review: The new Pretzel M&M is really yummy. Not as yummy as a Peanut Butter M&M, but very little is, in my opinion. Plus, the Pretzel M&Ms are a little healthier. I'm going to categorize this as a healthy candy. Sort of like chocolate covered raisins, another healthy candy. Just like oatmeal raisin cookies make a fabulous breakfast. Wink.

4 comments:

Rae said...

I totally forgot about the new pretzel M&Ms!! Now I'm going to have to go out and try them. I love the almond M&Ms but the pretzel ones sound great!

The Man Your Husband Is Worried About said...

Wink? What are you winking at? I eat pecan pie for breakfast (when my wife allows me to have some in the house).

Erin said...

I agree with your review. Peanut butter M&Ms are definitely better. Which reminds me that I hid some away from the kids and now I can't find them. It is driving me nuts.

Angela said...

For my baby shower, Laura had a M&M bar in honor of Molly Mae. We had peanut butter and jelly M&M's and a bunch of other kinds I had never even heard of, it was adorable and delicious.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...