"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Baby Shower Idea

I'll start this post by announcing that I am NOT pregnant. I was just reading on a friend's blog about a baby shower her friends threw for her. She's having her fourth boy and I'm sure her little boy clothes stash needs replenishing at this point. Every time I pull out the next size of clothes for Little Guy I wonder why I saved all of Buddy's old pants because they ALL have holes in the knees.

Anyway, while I was reading her post I had this thought... baby showers for 3rd, 4th, etc. kids should also include the option of giving a freezer meal as a gift rather than a real gift. I would love to receive a bunch of dinners to stock my freezer with when that new baby arrives taking up all my time.

Once again, I'm not pregnant. I've just always felt averse to having a baby shower with each baby. I'm not sure why.

6 comments:

Erin said...

When I had Ethan, a friend threw a shower for me that was specifically freezer meals. It was GREAT! Everyone brought a freezer meal and the recipe. I really wanted to do that for Kristie but it didn't happen. Maybe I still could...

Aimee said...

That is a FABULOUS idea! I love it! I have also had the thought that if I could go back, I would have asked for paper goods, such as paper plates, cups, utensils, etc. Why complicate your life with dishes for, oh, I don't know, the first few MONTHS with a newborn (or two)?!! If I knew someone who thought the same way I did, I would feel very fulfilled giving them that as a baby shower gift.

The Man Your Husband Is Worried About said...

I thought this was going to be a post about how to give a baby a shower, like when I was off Little Guy after going to the pool. I guess I'm a little out of practice having a pregnant wife.

Tiffany said...

Hey, I have no idea who you could be referring too in this post! :) But I agree, it is a great idea about the frozen meals. And also what someone above mentioned about paper goods, that would be nice to get as well. I would have liked to have a "diaper and wipes" baby shower, but I decided that doing this could put pressure on people to spend more money than they might otherwise. I didn't want people to feel like they had to go buy me some diapers if they wanted to come to the shower.

Lund said...

For your sister and sister-in-law they hired a cleaning lady to come in and clean the house for them. They loved it!

Cristin said...

Yeah... I was embarrassed when someone threw me a baby shower for the 2nd. The 2nd boy... all I wanted was diapers and wipes... and now I have way too many boy clothes. Oh well, it was thoughtful I guess.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...