"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Saturday, June 05, 2010

Week Menu starting 6/5/10

I should note that nearly all of these recipes are new to me.

Saturday:

Hot Dogs
Macaroni Salad (review: bleh.)

Sunday:
Slow Cooker Carnitas (review: the carnitas was good, but not as flavorful and citrusy as I had hoped)

Monday:
Chicken and Pasta Dinner -I got my recipe from a church recipe exchange, but, minus the crockpot, it seems a lot like this one I linked to and this one. (review: this is a lot like Penne Rustica (which we've all LOVED) but Princess Sparkley and Jed both said they preferred this version).

Tuesday:
Orange Chicken (review: Super yummy, but again, I wish the orange flavor had been stronger)

Wednesday:
Hamburgers (review: I am incapable of forming raw meat into a burger shape and successfully making a hamburger that cooks right and tastes good. These are great for people like me.)

Thursday:
PW's Ranch Style Chicken (review: Yum. A little too mustardy for me, but I hate mustard.)

Friday:
Beef Flank Steaks (flank steaks, 1 cup 7-up, 1/2 cup soy sauce, 1/2 cup veggie oil, 1/4 tsp garlic powder - marinate 4+hours then grill and serve with your favorite BBQ sauce) (review: I've made this one before. Yum.)

Saturday:
Spaghetti (review: I go to Aldi solely for their spaghetti sauce. Love it!)

Sunday:
Crockpot Brown Sugar Chicken (review: Okay. I was expecting a lot more flavor. And I came home from church to an overpowering garlic smell.)


Dessert (night unassigned):
Soft Sugar Cookies (for my greatest sugar cookie hunt)
(official review coming soon)

5 comments:

Kate said...

you've never made hamburgers???

I guess I didn't click on the link recipe so I'm assuming it's just you've never made THAT recipe for hamburgers...correct???

I'm sorry, I'm such a smart alleck.

I've actually gotten a lot of dinner ideas for us off of your previous posts! Thanks for posting!!!! :)

wendys said...

I LOVE orange chicken. That looks like a good recipe. Have you tried the Panda Express Orange Chicken Sauce they sell at Costco? It's pretty good.

Angela said...

I think that sugar cookie recipe is going to be similar to my mom's. She actually had two recipes that she liked, one that had nutmeg and one without. Both are delicious and I think the one she used at my wedding was the without recipe. I like both of them a lot. Good luck!

Miss L said...

I've never tried a Bubba burger...we may have to add that to our menu selection this week, esp if they have turkey burgers!

LisAway said...

I'm a little jealous that you are making dessert ONE NIGHT this week. Ugh. My goal currently is to only make dessertS on the weekends. I think that's a good start for me. . .

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...