"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Father's Day Cakes

My kids have been trying to commandeer my birthday this year as a Father's Day only event. This is what happens when every few years my birthday lands on Father's Day. I told them I refused to make: a pecan pie, or a some other "Jed's Favorite" treat that I don't enjoy. I'll make some sort of brownie involving peanut butter, and we'll both be happy. BUT, if it wasn't my birthday, AND if I had ANY sort of cake decorating abilities, I'd like to think I'd give one of these a try. They are fantastic!

2 comments:

LisAway said...

Those are pretty great. You'll have to tell us what you decide to make. I made Pioneer Woman's salted caramel brownies over the weekend. OH YUM. Just like a super decadent restaurant dessert. And speaking of brownies and peanut butter, I recommend these. But those are veeeeeery rich, too. And quite dark. I sub cocoa and oil for the unsweetened chocolate.

Kristi said...

Very cool!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...