"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Princess Sparkley Reads EVERYTHING

I've always known there was a point in my future where I'd want to get rid of some of the books* I own. You know, the books that, while not really bad, aren't books I want my daughter reading. Especially not as a seven year old. I didn't think I was too that point yet. I still have all of my Babysitter Club books boxed up because if I remember correctly, the babysitters were all a bit boy crazy, and the last thing I want is a boy crazy daughter. But lately, Princess Sparkley has been mentioning the titles of books she sees on our shelves that she thinks sound interesting, or she likes their covers. I don't want to find out in several years that she's read all of my chick lit, or whatever, as a little kid. And so the weeding out process begins...

*Mostly chick lit (my weakness) from Red Dress Ink,** but a few teen lit books too.

**Which, until I created the link for Red Dress Ink, I didn't know was part of Harlequin. Ick. I'm fairly certain it hasn't always been.

3 comments:

Cristin said...

Weed out things fast. I was one of those kids who would grab whatever I could find on my mom's shelves and read it. I read some WEIRD stuff... stuff that I would even be embarrassed now reading. Not to say that my mom had bad books, I just don't think she thought that her 8 year old would be reading them.

Tiffany Harkleroad said...

I will never forget the day I spied a Judy Blume book on my sister's bookshelf in our shared room. Ever a fan of Freckle Juice and Are You There God It's Me Margaret, I decided to read it, at the tender age of 10 or so. It was Forever. And I was scarred.

Angela said...

I will gladly take those off your hands until she is grown up enough to read them...wink wink:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...