"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Cami Tanner and Miss Disney

When I was a little girl and played (usually at my best friend Vicki's) I was always either Cami Tanner a school teacher. Or I was Miss Disney, heir to Walt's fortune.

I was reminded of this the other day because my kids have been watching a dvd they checked out from the library about the behind the scenes building of Disneyland. They are now experts and are thoroughly disappointed when I can't answer their questions. I told my seven year old daughter about being Miss Disney in my childhood make-believe because I knew her crazy imagination would appreciate it.

But the funny story is that while an education major at BYU, I was actually paired with a girl named Cami Tanner to work on a project. I didn't know her well, but after working together I told her about how when I was a little girl I'd play I was a teacher named Cami Tanner. I think that girl thought I was nuts. Good thing there were other crazy people in my English-teaching program to welcome me in with all my craziness.

4 comments:

Ann Best said...

What a coincidence with your friend. Memories of childhood. Some day your children will appreciate these glimpses into their mother's past.

Angela said...

I was always named Brenda or Crystal, the most beautiful names I could come up with during the 80's.

RightHahn said...

That's funny! If it makes you feel better - I never thought you were crazy:) I was always WAY impressed with the fact that you wrote stories for fun...and that you had your own laptop...

Kristi said...

I was Elizabeth Vanderbilt, heir to the er, um Gloria Vanderbilt fortune? The only Vanderbilt I had heard of. Well anyway, I was rich.

Cami Tanner. That's a great story.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...