"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2015) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

18 Meals a Day

Does anyone else feel like all you do all day long is feed people? If I was actually a professional chef with nothing else to do all day, this wouldn't be such a big deal. My kids wake up and two of them need breakfast immediately, most mornings, or they'll die of starvation. The other usually wanders to the kitchen an hour before lunch finally hungry for breakfast. The two who had breakfast usually demand a second breakfast before lunch. Then there are the billion snacks, the biggest demands for food coming AS I'm trying to make dinner. Then dinner, followed by the insistence that "yes, we have desserts every night" even though I keep telling them that if they come to expect dessert, I'll stop letting them have it. Finally, one of them has come to believe there is something called a "nighttime snack" that involves not one, not two, but three or four snacks. It's about to drive me crazier than I already am.


Sidenote: I'm slowly copying all my recipes over to here, so they can be categorized for you (and me) as more than just food or recipe. I've got almost half of them moved so far.

7 comments:

Jamie said...

story of my life!

Oh, and I am going to email you about the "thing" I am going to send you.

Miss L said...

Yes! I definitely feel this way. Alas, whereas I would like to term myself as a pretend professional chef, for me, it's more like a short order cook. The worst part is that some days, after preparing all these meals and snacks, when dinner rolls around, I'm honestly like...I have no clue what to cook and almost don't care. sigh.

Thanks for letting us know we are NOT alone!!! :)

Erin said...

Love the recipe blog.

Lissa said...

I feel your pain Nancy. My 7 yr.old asks,"What's for dessert?" every night before we eat dinner. I tell her,"Nothing, if you keep asking!" It drives me crazy.

Cristin said...

I feel this way everyday. I didn't think much of it until my sister visited and asked, "Have you ever calculated how many hours you spend in the kitchen a day?" It's insane.

Angela said...

It sounds like your kids are actually hobbits:)

wendys said...

Yes, that the story of my life... but is also my full time job at a rehab facility and my job here at home! I am getting tired of cooking for 30 whiny elderly people and 2 whiny kids.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...