"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2015) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Monday, April 19, 2010

Posting

I used to be paranoid that I'd lose any readers I'd acquired if I didn't post something EVERY DAY. But now, I'm pretty sure most people are using a service like Google Reader that tells them when the blogs they follow have something new. This means that while you may be annoyed that there's nothing more to read from me, you didn't come all the way to my blog to find that out. And, more than likely, you are relieved that there is one (or seven) less numbers on your new items list.

Do you use a service like Google Reader? Or do you still go from blog to blog? Or something else that your tech savviness has taught you and my tech not-savviness hasn't revealed?

9 comments:

delilas said...

Google reader all the way, now that I use it, it took me awhile to really warm up to it.

Cristin said...

I can't believe I used to read blogs WITHOUT Google Reader. It saves me SO much time.

Andrea said...

The only reason I even have a list of blogs I read on my own blog is because it's a quick link for the private blogs I follow. The rest is all on my Reader. And my reader list is SO long. I love that I can skim or read in depth if I choose. I even have mine all catagorized and organized so I can find things quicker. Google Reader...love it!

Ann Best said...

Okay. Guess I'd better figure out how to use Google Reader, after reading these comments. I just have a list on my blog that tells me what's new. But if I have too much trouble figuring out Reader, I'll just keep this status quo. I'm not as quick a learner as I used to be!!

M. Gray said...

I love my blogroll. I would never make it out without it.

wendys said...

I was using google reader but then was annoyed that you had to link out of it to actually comment and see pictures. So I just follow blogs and log into my blogger dashboard and it tells me who updates.

The Man Your Husband Is Worried About said...

Google Reader, sadly. But if you're trying to generate blog traffic for whatever reason, that's a bad thing, isn't it? Although one of the blogs I have in my Reader only gives you three lines of text without clicking over (but that just means I usually only read three lines of that blog's text).

LisAway said...

Oh, I agree with The Man. I hate when people just use the teaser in the RSS feed. But yeah, Google Reader all the way. Truthfully, I rarely notice that anyone posts less than usual until it's been a week or two. Sometimes more. But I do eventually miss them!

Alanna said...

Google Reader. I keep that page open 24/7, along with my inbox. It's one of the things I absolutely hated about privatizing my own blog-- I know that way less people will bother because it no longer shows up on their google reader! I always discourage others from doing the same thing (especially people who don't post very often-- I KNOW I'll stop checking!). Aren't I a hypocrite!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...