"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Monday, April 26, 2010

ONE THOUSAND

For my one thousandth post...

I'm going to eat a giant bowl of my new favorite ice cream:


Breyer's Ice Cream

And I'll announce that I'm going to bake my way through all the sugar cookie recipes you suggested here and ones I've collected on my own from various places (such as: a recipe taped to a cabinet in an apartment I rented at BYU in 1998, a recipe from Angela's wedding reception in 2008, a recipe I tracked down after a church potluck in 2007, etc.). Then I'll review them all on this blog. The end result... the bestest sugar cookie recipe ever. But I don't want to gain 100 lbs., so this might take awhile...

6 comments:

Alanna said...

If you ever need to give cookies away, you know where I live! ;)

Erin said...

I bought that ice cream once, and we LOVED it and I have never seen it again. Looked at many stores. Do you think it is seasonal, or just that my store doesn't carry it anymore. I look forward to your sugar cookie post.

Lisa Loo said...

Yes, I think it must be seasonal or else I single handedly bought the entire stock of it at my store and they decided not to carry it. Sad day...

LisAway said...

Congratulations! Woah! One thousand is a LOT. :) I, too am looking forward to the sugar cookie posts! (or post? I say the more the better. . .)

About PW's cinnamon rolls. . . I loved that they don't require kneading. I don't knead. Period. I worried through the process because I had to add more flour and they looked like they weren't going to roll well (I couldn't get the seam to pinch together) but they turned out absolutely beautiful and perfect. I liked them a lot. Of course I left out the coffee and only put a little maple flavoring in the frosting. Next time I think I will use a cream cheese frosting. The other was fine, but sweet. Really, though I liked the rolls a lot.

Angela said...

Congratulations on your 1000th!!!! I will eat ice cream and cookies in honor of you as well!

wendys said...

Great job. That looks sooo delightful.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...