"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

Wednesday, April 07, 2010

National Parks

I saw this article about America's underrated National Parks and thought I'd share.

It's even a bit exciting that we've been to two of them*:


Capitol Reef National Park (March 2004)


and Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park (6/2009).


And we grew up near another (Channel Islands National Park), but they are islands, so I've never been to them. Although I have seen them hundreds of times from the shore.


*Jed went to Great Basin National Park on his own this summer one day while we were at my parents cabin in southern Utah. I'm also betting that Jed has been to Channel Islands National Park for Scout camp and such.

So I've been to two, Princess Sparkley's been to two, Buddy's been to one (two if you count in the womb), Baby X has been to one and Jed has been to possibly four.

And now is your chance to visit any of the nation's National Parks for free, April 17-25.

1 comment:

The Man Your Husband Is Worried About said...

Note: those are original family photos, not shamelessly stolen Internet images.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...