"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2015) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Family Recipes

I started a family cookbook... oh, twelve, maybe fifteen years ago. Let's just say it didn't really happen, but I do have my own recipe collection of sorts.

For Christmas, I gave each of my families this recipe card I designed with Smilebox.
Click to play this Smilebox recipe: Aebleskiver Tradition
Create your own recipe - Powered by Smilebox
Personalize your own digital recipe page


My mom even asked me to make a few other recipe cards that are sort of traditional family recipes to go along with a project my oldest nephew (he's 14!!!) was doing for school.

And I've been wanting to create a Blurb book for my mother-in-law next Christmas of all of her traditional holiday desserts and appetizers, but didn't know how to go about getting pictures of them all. And the recipes. I may have to call on my sister-in-law for some help with this one.

The other day, here, I saw this... Tastebook. Sort of like a Blurb.com for recipes... I guess. Has anyone tried it?? I guess they come fully stocked with recipes, or you can add all your own personal favorites. I'm intrigued.

1 comment:

Trifle Recipe Cards said...

Trifle Recipe Cards, the Internets fastest growing recipe card company, was created out of a desire to provide a product that is affordable and adorable. Furthermore, our recipe cards are designed, customized, personalized, and printed right here in the USA. Each recipe card is made with premium card stock and water resistant ink to ensure they withstand the rigors of your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...