"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Blogging about Homeschooling

I don't feel like I fit in with the typical homeschoolers. I'm not following any set curriculum. When people ask me what I think of the Charlotte Mason method, or Thomas Jefferson education, I just nod my head and act like I know what they're talking about while claiming not to have read too much about them (or in reality, none at all). I don't homeschool for religious reasons... which I was actually surprised to find that a lot of LDS homeschool families do. I don't follow a set schedule other than we try to do school in the mornings, but the morning around here tends to be after 10 or 11. We don't fit the typical homeschool stereotype that all of you non-homeschoolers imagine. And I'm not against public school.

I was complaining to Jed the other night about how in all of the blogs I read, until recently, none are homeschool blogs. I'm not sure why I never looked for homeschool blogs before, I just didn't. I've found a few, but for the most part, they aren't what I'm looking for. There has to be someone else out there who homeschools how I homeschool. But I think I have to figure out how I homeschool before I can track down those other people. Until then, Jed suggested I start my own homeschool blog. Hmmm... I'm considering it. And that scares me.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

I have a friend (as in Facebook) who homeschools her kids. She says on her info page, "No I do not wear jumper dresses, I don't make my kids clothes, they do have friends, and I don't make all our food from scratch!" I thought it was very funny. A homeschooling blog? You would do a great job.

Just for laughs I have cut and pasted the sentence that followed the above quote from my friend. She needs to be more careful otherwise she'll solidify some other stereotypes about homeschooling. She said," I like to brake home school stereo types." If I could only insert a sound effect here of a braking car. Err Errr Errr Errrr

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...