"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Philly



We spent part of "the holidays"* in Philadelphia. Here is our to do list** with our "done" crossed out:

Liberty Bell
Independence Hall
Constitution Center
Betsy Ross House
Rocky Statue @ the Philadelphia Art Museum
Franklin Institute
Reading Terminal
Geno's or Pat's (famous cheese steaks)#
Please Touch Museum
Free Library of Philadelphia#
LOVE statue
Rita's Water Ice
Benjamin Franklin Museum
Carpenter's Hall
First Bank of the United States#
Second Bank of the United States#
Portrait Gallery inside the Second Bank of the United States
Benjamin Franklin's Grave
Declaration House#

Outside of Philadelphia:
Amish country
Washington Crossing State Park
Princeton#
the New Jersey State House#
Washington in prayer statue at the Freedom Foundation (near Valley Forge)
Valley Forge National Historical Park
Hershey Chocolate World
Gettysburg (I've been before, but Jed hasn't)

Even Further:
New York City!!!
Statue of Liberty
Atlantic City, NJ
the Atlantic Ocean



*Gob, on Arrested Development, calls Spring Break "the holidays."
**These are the things we want to do in Philadelphia... we knew it couldn't all be squeezed into this trip. And I've probably left something off that Jed will have to remind me of.

#indicates we only saw the outside of this.

4 comments:

Erin said...

You saw a LOT! I saw the pics on the other blog too. That is impressive that you managed so much with kids in tow. I really enjoyed going to Philly without kids. I mostly just went to the museums. Most of the historical sites were closed by the time I got there.

Angela said...

I'm jealous! I've always wanted to go to Philly! I'm sad you didn't try the Philly Cheesesteaks, ever since I saw a special on the food network, I've been dying to try one of each.

wendys said...

Wow you have done a lot! How fun.

Erik said...

I may be mistaken, but I think that "Love" sculpture, or one like it, used to be outside the Museum of Fine arts at BYU.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...