"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Saturday, March 06, 2010

Jed's Favorite Foods

I try to plan out my weekly menu to save money, to cut down on trips to the grocery store, and because I hate when 4 PM hits and I have to frantically decide what to feed my family for dinner.

On those days when 4 PM does hit, and I ask Jed what he wants for dinner, hoping he'll either say, "let's eat out" or he'll give me an easy suggestion involving food I have on hand. Usually he says something like, "I don't care, whatever. But I'm starving, so make a lot of it." More pressure.

This is the email response I got last time I asked him what sounded good for dinner:

The standard items.

1. Meatball subs
2. Pizza
3. Chili dogs
4. Velveeta shells and cheese
5. Pecan pie
6. Ginger ale
7. Breaded fish fillets
8. Vanilla ice cream with chocolate and peanut butter melted atop
9. Some combination of the above

Also, I didn't have lunch today, so there should be a lot of whatever combination you go with.

4 comments:

Cristin said...

I say you just serve him ginger ale every night for dinner.

wendys said...

Do you really eat Velveeta? That stuff scares me. I think it would survive a nuclear explosion.

Erin said...

I made meatball subs last night. Did you know that you can get the day old bread from Jimmy Johns for cheap? It makes for a good sandwich.

Nance said...

Wendy- My husband and kids LOVE Velveeta. I still prefer regular Kraft Mac and Cheese.

Erin- I did know that about Jimmy Johns, but I've never tried it. I'm not sure I have one close to me here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...