"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Monday, March 15, 2010

Happy Ides of March!

And the next holiday... St. Patrick's Day. I have no Irish heritage (although my mom's finding that maybe we do as she uncovers more family history) but Jed's family does. His mom makes cabbage and corned beef for St. Paddy's Day. I'm not such a fan of corned beef, so I'm thinking we'll have to come up with some other Irish food... like baked potatoes. See, I'm keeping with the Irishness of the holiday... sort of.

While I'm busily catching up after basically a week and a half of Spring Break with no homeschool happening, take a look at all these great St. Patrick's Day crafts and foods:

at Make and Takes

at The Crafty Crow

at Family Fun

from my own archive

at Tangled and True

at Rookie Cookie green pancakes

at CakeSpy

at Make It Do

at Baking Bites

And consider reading something by Irish writers, Cecelia Ahern*, Maeve Binchy**, James Joyce***, Bram Stoker****, or Oscar Wilde*****.

*I haven't read her newest book, but I've enjoyed all the ones I've read.
**I've only read The Glass Lake, but enjoyed it.
***I don't think I've ever read anything by James Joyce, but I should.
****My book club in Kansas read Dracula and I was surprised by how much I really enjoyed it.
*****I've never read anything by Oscar Wilde (that I can remember), but I greatly enjoyed seeing the plays of The Importance of Being Ernest and An Ideal Husband.

1 comment:

Erin said...

my dad served his mission in Ireland and he used to say that they served potatoes in many different ways but never baked, which is the only way he liked them. He also hates corned beef and cabbage but my mom still made it every year. I usually do too and the kids love it but Nathan hates it. So I am not sure if I will do it this year.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...