"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Cherry Blossom Festival

I know you are all sitting on the edge of your seats waiting to see how my cherry blossom project turned out. The wait is over:


Princess Sparkley modeling her new bubble skirt and cherry blossom t-shirt for us.

It was touch and go with the skirt. I ended up finishing it and it being WAY TOO LONG. So I ended up taking it apart, and taking 4 inches of the interior (which I haven't even gotten a picture of yet) and exterior fabrics, and then resewing it. Craziness. And it ended up being a cold day, so she had to wear a sweater and leggings. The t-shirt has a brown felt tree, and pink flower shaped buttons as the blossoms. Click to zoom in.

Some other great pictures from the day:


I love all the kites around the Washington Monument (it was the Kite Festival today as well as the beginning of the Cherry Blossom Festival).


See the reflection... it's almost like I'm a professional. Almost.


And this beautiful framing.

7 comments:

Erin said...

The skirt is so cute. I wouldn't have had the patience for it! Beautiful photos!

M. Gray said...

I'm so impressed you went down there today. I let too many things get in the way.

LisAway said...

Cute skirt! I hadn't heard of bubble skirts until you mentioned them. Cute idea. And HOW IS PS STANDING ON THE WATER!?! It's a miracle!

I LOVE the last shot.

wendys said...

She looks great, good job! PS my husband is flying out to DC this weekend for an interview. I'll have him take pics of the cherry blossoms.

Kristi said...

It turned out so cute! You've taken some really great pictures.

Jamie said...

Hi. I'm jealous of where you live.

I am going to email you for your address. I have something to send you.

Ale bera said...

Hi, im mom mormon from Mexico City, im learning english in at little school near my home so me ang my children try to read something intersting books and conferences ang blogs like mom mormom like me. my dauther 6 said me want skirt maked from me, so i went to buy some partners in simplicity.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...