"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Cake Decorating

Anyone who has wandered onto my blog should be able to figure out in just a few minutes that I love making desserts. I've been thinking lately that I should learn how to decorate a cake. I don't love cake like I love other desserts, but I can appreciate a beautifully decorated cake and can see that it would be handy to do more than spread crumb-filled frosting over top a 9x13 pan of cake. Does anyone else know how to decorate cakes? Do you find this knowledge worthwhile?

6 comments:

delilas said...

I know the basics and I do find it worthwhile, when I actually make use of the skill.

Andrea said...

I would love to know how to pipe a heaping amount of frosting on a cupcake and make it look beautiful. Flowers and basket weaving, not really my thing. Check out the cake my friend made though...http://ejmerchant-thecookbook.blogspot.com/2010/03/going-green.html
Awesome!

Angela said...

I don't know how to frost a cake that well, however I will gladly eat any cake you decorate:)

M. Gray said...

Did you know Amanda Horner is into cake decorating? I think she might have some pics on her blog...do I know her blog address? No...

Lund said...

You can look for a cake decorating class to take in your SPARE time.

wendys said...

I always think I can decorate cakes well... until I actually have to do it and then I remember that I can't at all.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...