"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2015) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Superbowl Party

I don't think it was last year. It might have been two Superbowls ago that we had a "Superbowl Party," just me, the kids and the hubby. And even then we didn't have cable, nor do we watch TV on Sunday. I think what ended up happening was we watched game updates on NFL.com while enjoying our appetizers for dinner. Mainly, like I said here, I just like having hors d'oeuvres and never get an excuse to make them. (Probably because I always volunteer to bring dessert.) So I make an entire, not so healthy, meal out of a lot of little things. If I was having an actual party, with more people than just the five in my family, here's what I'd like to make:


*Spinach Artichoke Dip (I can't find this recipe yet... yikes)

Chicken Wing Dip
(if anyone besides Jed could handle slightly spicy food, I'd be making this.)

Cordon Bleu Appetizers

Crispy Crag Rangoon

Bacon Cheeseburger Buns

Pizza Bubble Ring

BLT Dip

PB&J Spirals

Bacon-wrapped Corn Dogs

Southwestern Nachos



*Meatballs

Cheese n' Ham Spirals


Baked Potato Skins

Corn Tortilla Chips and Homemade Salsa

*Spinach Dip
in a bread bowl


*Glazed Chicken Wings

Tortellini Appetizer (I had this at a Christmas party a year ago with just a regular Ranch-like veggie dip... yum)

Bacon Tomato Cups


Onion Dip and Potato Chips

7 Layer Mexican Dip (except my mom always made it on a giant round plate instead of a casserole dish)

Piglets in a Blanket



*Cheesy Spinach Pinwheels

And for dessert, I think we'll have Muddy Buddies, or because I quite possibly love them more than my kids do. Or maybe Gorilla Bread. But, if I had the time and energy, and loved cake, I'd definitely make these.

*This is what is actually on my, family of five, Superbowl Party menu.

3 comments:

Alanna said...

Um, can I come?

Heather Payne said...

I like the way you think... I thought you guys were coming down. Feel free to go crazy. :-)

wendys said...

I wanna come too. I love muddy buddies.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...