"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Pretend Slumber Party

I just realized I never published Princess Sparkley's Unbirthday Party from when she turned 5 on this blog. Here it is:

So, I was trying to do the every other year birthday party thing with our kids. Princess Sparkley had family parties for birthdays one and two. At three I figured she was old enough that she had friends, etc. So we had a Strawberry Shortcake party with a few friends from church. That was in California. Then for number four we were in Kansas and a friend had a July birthday party just before her. So I talked her into an art party, figuring it would be easy and inexpensive, which it was. Then five rolled around and I told her we could have her friends over for a play date and cake, but no presents. This turned into a pretend slumber party. At least no one brought gifts. All the girls came in PJs and brought sleeping bags and pillows. We watched Cinderella III and ate popcorn. Then we had a sleepover themed cake and sent them home. Not too overly party. I hope.

The invitations were pillows.

The table.

The table... alternate view.

The door.

The slumber party cake. (Idea from here.)

Watching the movie.
(That's Buddy at the top right in his Thomas sleeping bag. He was a guest as well. )


Blowing out the five candles.

5 comments:

wendys said...

What a cute idea!

Angela said...

Thats it. I'm hiring you to plan all of my kid's parties. If it ends up being me, they will have crappy cake and falling down streamers.

Cristin said...

I really like this idea, I wonder if boys would go for it.

芥末 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kristi said...

I still have Bryn's invite. I hope to copy it someday! It was fun to see the pictures too. Bryn had a good stroll down memory lane looking at them. It was such a great idea and you did a great job pulling it all together.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...