"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2015) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Neither Rain Nor Snow

I always thought there was some sort of postal motto* about how even a blizzard couldn't keep them from delivering the mail. Either this isn't true, or our mail carrier is one of those who at some point will be discovered to have years worth of mail hoarded in his apartment.

Yesterday, I checked the official USPS website which informed me that mail for my zip code was suspended Saturday. I didn't even know this was possible, although it explains why he didn't deliver our mail on a snowy day in December either. The kids just spotted our mail truck across the street, we'll see if he makes it over to us today, he didn't yesterday even though we saw him across the street then too.

I'm just glad I'm not waiting for anything in the mail. Except possibly bills, and while I don't want to miss them, I also don't necessarily look forward to their delivery.

*There isn't.

UPDATE: I'm going with him being a hoarder. We haven't had mail delivered since last Thursday (it's now Tuesday) and the mailman came today and didn't deliver any mail. How is it possible to have not had any mail for four delivery days!?!

2 comments:

Alanna said...

Our mail was delivered every day except Friday and today. So I think your mailman is just a wimp. (But if it makes you feel any better, the only thing we got besides bills was this funny little thing to strap onto our stroller to make it safer. Not exactly thrilling mail!)

Cristin said...

That's weird. It's MAIL. You should chase the guy down the next time he doesn't deliver.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...