"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2015) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Thursday, February 25, 2010

His Father's Son


Baby X with his new, cheesy smile.

Jed is one of those people who sees a commercial for a yummy chicken sandwich at midnight and wants to go to the store right then and buy it. Ads work on him. Especially tasty food ads. Especially late at night. I was sitting at the desk checking my email just now while Princess Sparkley did some phonics work book pages, Buddy sulked in his room because he got in trouble for his bad attitude about school, and Baby X watched Elmo. I heard Elmo say something about chocolate, at which point Baby X ran over to me and started chanting in a very demanding whiny voice, "chocolate, chocolate, chocolate."

4 comments:

The Man Your Husband Is Worried About said...

It's not that "ads work on [me]," it's that "food works on me." There's a big difference.

In an unrelated note, what's for dinner when I get home?

Erin said...

The ads definitely work on me. Whenever I see those ads late at night I just feel like going to get an Arby's sandwich or whatever, even though I never eat them. Nathan loves to make fun of me on this and sadly, not once has he ever gone out and gotten me one of those desired food items for me.

Kristi said...

Such a cute expression!

RightHahn said...

Very cute!! At least you know they're paying attention, right?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...