"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Tuesday, January 05, 2010

2018

Did anyone else watch Seaquest DSV with Roy Scheider and Jonathan Brandis in the early nineties? I had a slight crush on Jonathan Brandis (come on, I was 13 and boy crazy, not to mention, I have a little soft spot for sci-fi, hence my later obsession with The X-Files). It always started stating the date, 2018, or something. And in the early nineties, that seemed so far away. And the show was all futuristic. Now that we are in the twenty tens, 2018 doesn't seem so far off, and that's freaking me out a tiny bit.

1 comment:

Angela said...

I know! I was thinking that the other day. 2010 sounds so futuristic, it freaks me out kind of.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...