"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Friday, January 01, 2010

2009 Book Summation

68 books read
20,336 pages
299 pages on average per book
18 adult fiction books
2 nonfiction books
49 young adult and middle reader books
8 books I own
2 books I own but had to check out from the library because mine is packed up
2 books I borrowed
58 books checked out from the library
584 pages in longest book I read this year
80 pages in the shortest book I read this year
4 books I started and returned to the library without finishing*
1,694.6 pages = average pages read per month
11= most books finished in a month (December)
1= least books finished in a month (July)
3,060 pages = most pages read in a month (December)
383 pages = least pages read in a month (July)



*Books I didn't finish:
Galileo's Daughter (I finished about half of this book before I'd reached my library renewal limit). It was interesting, I just kept falling asleep reading it.
Happiness is a Serious Problem. This was interesting, and maybe someday I'll check it out again.
The Devil in the White City (I plan on reading this in 2010. It seems interesting, I was just a little nervous of the serial killer plot, but I've been reassured I'll enjoy it, so it's on next year's to read list).
True to Form. A friend recommended this as her favorite by Elizabeth Berg, but a chapter or two into it, I realized it's the second book about the same girl, so I'd prefer to read the first book about her before reading this one.

4 comments:

Gerbera Daisy Mom said...

We read Devil in the White City for our book club and had a great discussion -- kinda creepy, but very good.

Erin said...

Congratulations on 20,000 pages!!! I just finished the Potato Peel book on your recommendation. It was great!

Angela said...

Devil in the White City is really good! Galileo's Daughter umm..I couldn't even get through the first page without falling asleep.

Candy Yum Yum said...

Just found your blog and I can't wait to read more. I was listening to Devil in the White City when I was pregnant, but never finished it because I always associate it with morning sickness. :(

P.S. We love Here Come the ABC's, too! E Eats Everything!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...