"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Resolutions

I'm not one for making New Year's Resolutions. Jed is. I can see the usefulness of them, I just never wanted to jump on the same bandwagon as everyone else. That probably doesn't make sense, it's a mentality left over from being a good kid. I wasn't going to be rebellious about the big stuff, so I picked little stuff to rebel against. I never dieted. I never make New Year's Resolutions. I picked the non-important stuff on which to stage my rebellions. Jed is making our whole family make New Year's Resolutions this year. While this task is proving difficult for me, I'm having a super easy time coming up with New Year's Resolutions for my kids.

Do you make resolutions each new year?

4 comments:

Angela said...

I can't decide how I feel about New Year's Resolutions. In general I don't do well with goals, I know my YW leaders as gasping in horror, but I can't ever finish them and then I feel bad about myself. I used to do resolutions, but they yielded no results so I've stopped now. Depressing...

wendys said...

Hmm. I don't really make resolutions either.

Rachel Clare said...

the new year is my favorite time. i had to put my list of goals in 8-point font to get them all on one page in word.

Kristi said...

Ha Ha! I could come up with a pretty good list for my kids too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...