"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Friday, December 18, 2009

Planned Reading

For those of you paying attention to my sidebar, I'm on a quest to read 20,000 pages this year. I have blogged about my reading here and lots of other little mentions. But basically, Jed and I both read a lot. His sister likes to picture our marriage as the two of us laying around on the couch reading books together, this isn't too far from the truth. When we got married I found out that Jed kept track of all the books he's read. For someone who enjoys making lists (me) and reads so much that sometimes she forgets whether or not she's actually read a book (me) this seemed like a fabulous idea. And so the book lists began. We only count pages we've read (so, if I happen to read a book with an introduction, I have to read it to count those pages, etc.) And we have to have finished the entire book in order to count it for our reading totals.

This year, I'm at 19,626 pages in 66 books. Once the year is over, I'll do a more thourough breakdown of how much nonfiction (possibly none), young adult fiction (probably most of it), etc. that I read during the year. But for now, I need about 400 more pages. The book I'm currently reading has just over 300, so I end up being about 60 pages short. The books I have on the bookshelf from my bed to chose from next are:

Flush by Carl Hiiassen

Uglies by Scott Westerfeld

The Patron Saint of Liars
by Ann Patchett


Oh... and I just remembered the kids and I are a few chapters into The Tale of Despereaux by Kate DiCamillo. Awesome. If I just finish that book, and the one I'm reading on my own, I'll pass 20,000 for the year.

1 comment:

Erin said...

That is so AWESOME that you will reach 20,000. Do you count the scriptures in your total? You should!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...