"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Dependable

I've been thinking about my last post and I guess part of the reason I respond quickly to emails and phone calls is because I'm dependable. This isn't a bad thing, but when it was the nicest thing teachers and church leaders had to say about me in my teenage years, it became a compliment that I didn't like. I always heard how dependable and how responsible I was. No teenager wants to be dependable and responsible. Isn't it a teenager's right not to be? Yet I was, and still am. I guess it's not so bad having those two words as description of yourself... it could be worse.

1 comment:

The Man Your Husband Is Worried About said...

If it's any consolation, coming from a guy who was engaged to you multiple times, I don't find you that dependable.
This last time has worked out so far, though.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...