"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Friday, December 11, 2009

Cut-out snowflakes

*

My mom taught kindergarten and first grade for many years. She was always very adamant that when her class cut out snow flakes, they made them correctly. This means the snowflakes had six sides, not just a rectangle of paper with holes cut out of it. Here's a site that shows you just how fold your paper so you get the six sided snowflake.

Tips:
  • Coffee filters are much easier to cut (especially for little hands) than regular printer paper or construction paper.
  • Spray glue and glitter make this craft especially sparkley.





*Sorry, I didn't think to take pictures until after I'd already taped them to our door.

2 comments:

wendys said...

Those are way better than my computer paper snowflakes!

Kristi said...

They look great! I like the coffee filter tip. I will have to try it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...