"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Friday, December 11, 2009

And the Winner* is...

JILL
of Miss Jill's 8 Million Random Strangers blog


Jill, congratulations and send me a message at: writingfishbowl@gmail.com with your address.



For those of you who didn't win**... here's the recipe for my*** candy cane bark.


*Winner was chosen at random, sort of... if you live out of the country, you were eliminated (sorry, I just don't know if Candy Cane Bark can survive that sort of travel, and I didn't want to spend a billion dollars on shipping). I cut out your tiny little Followers pictures (except foreigners) and PS drew one out of a bowl.


**Jed, you'll get to eat some when I make it so stop complaining that you'll never enter my contests again and that you'll stop following me. H.P., I'll bring some when we come to celebrate Christmas.

***Don't you just love how you can adopt someone else's recipe as your own. Some lady, I think named Jeanette, used to bring this to everyone in the office each Christmas when Jed was working in California. He LOVED it and asked for the recipe. Now I claim it as my own. The easy mint fudge recipe that is also featured on the above recipe link, I've only made maybe three times. I have a friend who now makes it all the time, I told her she can start calling it her mint fudge, not mine since I'm fairly certain she's now made it more times than I have. I'm not even going to go into my cousin's wife's creamed corn recipe that is now famous as my creamed corn recipe at my husband's family's holiday gatherings.

1 comment:

Jill said...

This is the best day of my life

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...