"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Soup

I was always amused when eating out with Jed when we were first dating and first married because he always ordered soup with his meal, rather than salad. This was so foreign to me. Everyone else I had ever eaten out with always ordered salad, like me. Not Jed. It's not that I'm not a soup person, I love soup. I guess I just think of soup as a meal with salad and bread, not an appetizer before a big meal.

Now that the temperature is dropping and the leaves have changed color, I can start pulling out all my favorite soup recipes. And after finishing Julie Powell's Julie and Julia, where she starts out making Julia Child's Potage Parmentier, which to me means, fancy potato soup, I'm definitely craving a creamy potato soup. Except for one problem, my kids don't like soup. What can I do to make them like soup?

2 comments:

Cristin said...

Good question. I struggle with the same problem. I vote for starving them until they are forced to eat it because they are so hungry.

Jamie said...

Puree it so there are no chunks in it? Throw some gold fish in there and tell them to go fishing? Serve it in a bread bowl? Put cheese on it? I've tried everything. Sometimes it works. Sometimes it doesn't.

Hi by the way! I am MIA big time but I wanted to come over and say H and G. Hi and Goodbye.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...