"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Fact and Fiction

My mother-in-law sent me her copy of Dan Brown's new book The Lost Symbol since I was person 400 and something on my library's waiting list. It's exciting to read because so far (I'm less than 100 pages into it) it's all taking place in Washington DC. Washington DC is my new town, so I'm looking forward to being able to go investigate and see if what Brown is describing is really there. But what's fact and what's fiction? I'm sure there is some sort of parallel book in the works where some author is making money of Brown's fame by explaining the real and the unreal in this book, but I'm two lazy to read TWO books about the same thing. I guess I'll wait until I've finished reading it, and then maybe I'll do a bit of Wikipedia research... you know, looking for the truth. ;)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...