"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Empty Threats

My kids leave toys everywhere. EVERYWHERE. I've been telling them all week that if they can't clean up after themselves and take care of their toys, I'm going to put all the toys they've left out into a box and I'll give that box to Goodwill. This is actually a pretty good threat since I gave A LOT of stuff to Goodwill, Ebay, and garage sales before we moved from Kansas. But some of their toys I like just as much, possibly even more than they do... so it's really an empty threat. Today I had a better idea. I told them I'd box up the toys they left out, wrap them up, and they'd get them back as Christmas presents. Ideally, I want them to clean up after themselves, but if they don't, I save a lot of money on Christmas presents.

2 comments:

wendys said...

I like the Christmas present idea. I hate making empty threats, yet I do it over and over and over.

Jill said...

That's smart. One Christmas my brother wrapped up our own stuff and there were so many presents that we got really excited. The first present that I opened was the "J" encyclopedia. Sad day

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...