"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Costumes for Women

Why is it that a huge percentage of costumes for women are sexy costumes? I mean, I get it... but I'm not wearing something like that out and about for a party, especially a trunk-or-treat at church.

I was browsing the sale items at buycostumes.com and came across some great deals on some pretty cool looking, non-sexy costumes. Here are just a few:


Queen Elizabeth for $39.99



Reyna Isabella for $26.99


Rapunzel
for $29.99


Rosie the Riveter for $19.99

3 comments:

Heather Payne said...

Nice! I'm glad to see someone else is getting into it. We spent the evening at the costume store and struck out for Grace. Even the 6 year old costumes are "sexy". Yuck!

I'm trying to convince her to be Olivia the pig from the childrens' book, but she's not having it. You can use it if you want to. I think it's gold, but apparently I'm alone!

wendys said...

Wow, those are nice. I need a costume.

The Man Your Husband Is Worried About said...

I don't know what the big deal is with sexy costumes. Maybe you should get one this year and we can see what all the fuss is about.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...