"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Friday, October 30, 2009

Baby Leash


from here

I'm considering buying one, but I'm actually opposed to baby leashes. (Or, for the PC term, baby harnesses). You know, those harnesses parents put on their kids when they take them in public. I've been lucky that my kids have never climbed out of a shopping cart, and for the most part, are content to sit in their stroller (provided I keep supplying them with fruit snacks, etc.) so I've never needed one, until now. Plus they are so cute now... like a little fuzzy animal backpack. I think Baby X might really love this puppy one.

Here's my problem... what do I do when, on my own, without Jed, I want to take my kids to a museum in DC that doesn't allow strollers?!? We experienced it briefly at the Air and Space Museum when we were forced to park the stroller and ride an elevator up to the observation tower. But that was a very short period of time, during which Baby X was totally enthralled with airplanes coming in for landing next door at Dulles. And it wasn't a timed anything... when we were done looking, we got back in the elevator and returned to the stroller.

We want to visit the Bureau of Engraving and Printing... but it doesn't allow strollers. What to do? What to do?

2 comments:

Malissa said...

Love it! Great parenting tool for the independent child. I used to think they were inhumane, but I have quickly changed my mind with child #3.

Thanks for the link! I've been wanting to get one. #3 wanders around the farm yard at home and thinks she can roam freely when we're in public. She just disappears. Kind of scarry. My husband thinks I should carry her all the time, but she gets so mad and screams.

Kristi said...

This is going to sound like a broken record....

I caved on this one with #3. I was always opposed to them too, but the thought of losing him at Disney World or the airport made me change my mind. I have to say it is great. I thought I'd get funny looks, and I did. So what? At least I didn't lose my child. There were a ton of other kids that had them on too. I say go for it and enjoy the peace of mind.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...