"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Monday, October 26, 2009

Away from the office

I'm in a new book club with ladies from church here in Virginia and with being out of town, and weird church schedules, and me not being on the right email list, I didn't find out what the new book club book was until last Sunday. And of course, the library copies are all checked out, so I picked up my copy from the library one town over this morning. Unfortunately, I found out yesterday at church that book club is tomorrow morning at 9:30 AM. I'm on page 4, only 580 more to go. I might be able to pull this off if Baby X would nap (so far he's just chatting to stuff from his crib) and the kids weren't homeschooled (although all that is left for today is history). Until tomorrow...

5 comments:

Nancy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The Man Your Husband Is Worried About said...

When you dropped me off, you thought it was 800 pages. Now that I know it's 580, I think you might be able to do it. Remember, tonight's a school night for me, which means no one will bug you until 11, and then we won't go to bed until 2. It's totally possible.

Rae said...

Wow! A book club during the day!! I'm intrigued. You'll have to fill me in on how it goes. Good luck finishing the book. BTW, what it is?

Erin said...

I'll be very impressed if you finish it, but hey, we have all gone to book club without finishing the book, right?

Nance said...

Rae- The book is The Glass Lake by Maeve Binchy. It was pretty enjoyable. The book club is mostly young moms with little kids. I'm not sure why they do it during the day, but with our schedule the way it is and my husband's classes being at night, I'm not complaining.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...