"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Saturday, October 17, 2009

All Hallow's Eve

Jed is anti-Halloween. Mainly he's against adults dressing up and treating it like a real holiday. The word holiday comes from Holy Day, and Halloween doesn't have a whole lot to do with holiness... does it? But he understands that all it is to our kids is a chance to wear a costume and get an enormous amount of candy, so we celebrate Halloween, to a degree.

If I was going to go all out, and throw a Halloween party of something... this would be the menu:



Orange Party Punch


Pumpkin Cheese Ball


Chocolate Spiders


Mummy Face Pizzas


Easy Halloween Truffles


Hot Dog Spaghetti Monster



Candy Corn Cookies


or these Candy Corn Sugar Cookies


Spooky Brownies


Bakerella's Adorable Tiny Pumpkin Pies


Forked Eyeballs



Apple Bites


Spider


My Favorite Halloween Treats from last year, including the pumpkin bar above


Pudding Ghosts

My mom's pumpkin cookies

Plus, I found this website with all sorts of fun Halloween foods.

Wow... I could go on and on with all the great and spooky food out there. Good thing I'm not really having a party or I'd be too warn out from all the cooking to enjoy myself.

4 comments:

wendys said...

Yum, I think I would come to that party.

Hazey Bell said...

These are wonderful, if I ever had a party I would surely bake all these things!!

Kellie said...

I just found your blog through MMB. This post is making me drool:) I love Halloween, but I think it's because of the candy and yummy food.

That Lynn Girl said...

I was always taught that on All Hallows Eve,the night before All Saints Day, all the evil spirits were free to roam the earth until midnight. Living kids would dress as witches and goblins in order to trick the "real" ones into leaving them alone, so they wouldn't be snatched away.
No specifics for ya, just a really old memory. LOL Thanks for the adorable treats!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...