"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Friday, September 11, 2009

Raw Cookie Dough

I don't lick the beaters when I make brownies or cake. I don't eat raw cookie dough that I've bought from the store. I do eat cookie dough ice cream. I do eat my homemade cookie dough as I'm making it. And I freeze some to make into cookies later and some of that ends up getting eaten while still frozen. Yum. I'm adding a poll to the right hand side of this page.

Do you, or do you not eat raw cookie (or whatever) dough?

Just because I'm curious. After the Nestle cookie dough recall (the "new batch" is now available in stores) I read an article about a woman who is in a coma as a result of E. coli contamination from the Nestle product.

I have some relatives who are super careful and never ever let their kids have raw cookie dough, etc. My kids don't eat nearly the amount of raw cookie dough that I do. They get a little pinch here and there... not even every time I make cookies. But I love cookie dough. Mmmm.

4 comments:

LisAway said...

YOU DON'T LICK THE SPOON AFTER MAKING BROWNIES!?!? (I don't think I've ever made them with a mixer.) When I make brownies, maybe once a week or so, I sort of scrape most of the batter into the pan. Only roughly *most* of it, though. I do NOT use a rubber spatula. Half the reason I make brownies is so I can enjoy the batter. Mmmmm.

Heather Payne said...

My friend craved raw cookie dough when she was preggers (and craved it daily), so she started making things with Eggbeaters instead of eggs since apparently Eggbeaters are pasteurized, thereby (according to her) killing the bad stuff. Could this be a way to have your cake (batter) and eat it too?

Kristi said...

I'm the "I used to" vote in your poll. I used to make a batch of cookies just for the dough. Yum. And since I'm confessing things, I'll tell you that I used to steal cookie dough by the spoonful out of the dorm freezer with my roommate. Looking back, I'm surprised that I would eat something that a total stranger made and left in a common area. Now, I'm very careful of what I eat at a church potluck. Someday, I'll risk food poisoning again to indulge in some raw dough.

Cristin said...

I used to eat it raw and then I thought about it one day and I've never done it since. Too gross. Erik, however, eats TONS.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...