"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Bake and Blog Contest Winner(s)!

The 31st came and went and I have yet to draw a name. You guys didn't give me much to work with here. I got very few comments (two from my husband that were most unhelpful). And I'm neither a fan of Creme Brulee or Zucchini Bread. And Wendys's husband was just disappointed in what my blog was not. I even tried to cheat and emailed my bestest friend Ang to make sure she entered the contest. But she and her husband both picked recipes that I've made before and blogged about. Mormon Scientist, Ang has had my Snickerdoodles, they are divine. Never underestimate the Snickerdoodle.


For Ang: Snickerdoodles
For Adam: Scones (I'll try to make these again soon too so I can add some pictures to this post)


So, I won't cheat. And I will make two recipes. One for Mormon Scientist and one for Wendys. You are all stretching my cooking/baking abilities. But here we go...

For Mormon Scientist: a Creme Brulee (which I will not be sending to you) and depends on my ability to find a recipe that does not require me to go buy Ramekins or a torch.

For Wendys: Zucchini Fritters
(as soon as I find the recipe I have filed away somewhere and go grocery shopping)

7 comments:

wendys said...

wahoo!

Mormon Scientist said...

Well, it looks like we are all winners here.

Thanks Nance!

Erin said...

I can't believe I missed my chance to come up with something. I love Creme Brulee. I hope you do end up making it because I would love to know how (minus the ramekins and torch as well).

The Man Your Husband Is Worried About said...

My comments are nothing but helpful. How do you think you ended up with three kids?

Angela said...

Dang it! I was looking forward to winning something! Oh well the fritters sound good, and I am completely disturbed by Jed.

Angela said...

Oh yeah, and your snickerdoodles are COMPLETELY divine! I love them:) Adam's real pick was baked spaghetti, he was trying to grasp the concept of baked goods, but somehow missed the boat so I helped him out.

Valerie said...

The contest is such a fun idea!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...