"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Apple Muffins

With our move to Virginia we left the comfort of a school district virtual school with set curriculum provided and joined a northern Virginia Yahoo! group for LDS homeschoolers. This group had it's Not Back to School Picnic this past week. I signed up to bring muffins thinking I'd bring these Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Oatmeal muffins I love. Then I started worrying about kids with peanut allergies. It seems that in a homeschooling group, your chances of having a kid with a peanut allergy goes up. I don't really have a back-up muffin recipe. The only other muffins I ever make from scratch are just banana bread. Then I remembered that last week, when I was trying to organize all the recipes I've clipped from magazines or printed off the internet over the past several years, I came across some yummy bread recipes in Family Fun magazine. I turned this Double Apple Walnut Bread recipe into Double Apple Muffins (without the walnuts because I personally hate walnuts).

I baked them in standard muffin liners for about 18-20 minutes and checked them with a toothpick. Yum. They were a big hit at the picnic (and with the wasps). And since it's apple season... get baking.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

"It seems that in a homeschooling group, your chances of having a kid with a peanut allergy goes up." HA! HA! That is so true! Is there a logical reason to believe that it actually would be true? I'll have to think on that one. The muffins sound yummy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...