"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Vacation

Just over two weeks ago we left for the mountains of southern Utah and with that, no cell phone reception and no internet access. We arrived home this morning and while I'm exhausted and should be in bed right now making up for the very little sleep I got last night, I'm instead going through all the pictures we took while on vacation. Here are some favorites from the first two days, aka the trek from Kansas to Utah.


PS reading outside the Topeka, KS library.


Flat but pretty, cloudy western Kansas.





Baby X following Jed.
Great Sand Dunes National Park.
near Alamosa, CO



Buddy.
Great Sand Dunes National Park.



Great Sand Dunes National Park.

2 comments:

Cristin said...

I have always wanted to take a cross country trip in a car, but now that I have kids I can't imagine driving for more than 8 hours with them. What you did would be way above my limit. Good for you.

wendys said...

I have never even heard of great sand dunes national park. Did you build a sand castle?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...