"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Panic

If I think about it too much, I am to the point where I'm going to start panicking about that fact that we move in less than three weeks to an unknown location (I'm currently working on finding a place we can rent short-term so we can get a better idea of where we'd like to be long-term).

While it seems like a lot of our place is packed up (especially if you ask my kids who are fairly convinced that all of their toys have been boxed up ...they haven't), there is still so much more to do. I need to make a goal for myself of packing 10 boxes a day, or something. But then I fear I'll run out of boxes and have to track down more.

I think my next items to tackle (after, of course, finishing the clean up from our trip and consequent messy return) will be packing up random under the sink bathroom supplies (but I know if I do this, someone will get sick and I'll have packed up the thermometer or one bottle of medicine that we've only used once several months ago, and suddenly we need again) and then the kitchen (but I'll do something like pack up my Bundt pan only to find out that one of the desserts in the cupboard that I should make instead of moving food will require a Bundt pan). This is why I'm typing away instead of packing. I over think.

2 comments:

wendys said...

You'll get it all done eventually! My goal before moving was packing at least one box a day. I started early though.

Heather Payne said...

Some of us are really excited for the move. Too bad we can't fly out and throw everything in the truck to expedite the process. We're counting down the days, but in a different way. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...