"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Friday, July 03, 2009

Fourth of July from the Archives


image from amazon.com

I love the Fourth of July. I love the fireworks, the parades, wearing red, white and blue, and everything else. And of course, I also love the traditional American desserts. Mmmm. Except for cherry pie. Yuck. But, I love the book How to Make an Apple Pie and see the World and now there's a new book, How to Make a Cherry Pie and see the USA. Yea for the book, yuck for cherry pies.


Here are some links to my past Fourth of July recipes and favorite books:

My favorite apple pie recipe here with some great apple children's book suggestions.

A great Fourth of July book from the McDuff series.

My family's traditional Fourth of July dessert is Peach Cobbler, here's that recipe.

And some Fourth of July side dishes, since you should probably eat something other than dessert... I guess.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...