"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Monday, June 22, 2009

Car Pockets


Here is Jed modeling it since our car is in the shop getting the A/C fixed.




Following this pattern, I finished Buddy's car pocket project. Now I just have to make Princess Sparkley's before all of our trips.


Notes: The hardest part was all the cutting. I am horrible at cutting straight and that is why I am never going to be the awesome quilter I aspire to be. That and the fact that I've never really made a quilt. And for some reason, once the white puffy paint I used as road stripes dried, it turned green. I have no idea why. Buddy seems to be okay with it.

6 comments:

Cristin said...

Nancy - I am so impressed by your creativity. You are inspiring me to learn how to use my sewing machine.

Leslie said...

It turned out Awesome!! Nice work. Hopefully it will make all your roadtrips a little quieter and calmer. :)

Erin said...

That is really cool! Would you like to borrow my rotary cutter? Cutting a straight line without one is definitely impossible.

Nance said...

Erin-
Unfortunately I have a rotary cutter and still can't cut straight lines. Although, to my credit, cheap fleece is hard to cut. And I'm sure my rotary blades have gotten dull.

Kristi said...

It looks great! I hope your car stays better organized than our has this trip! My SIL got in the car today and it was a little embarrassing.

The Man Your Husband Is Worried About said...

Jim Gaffigan's sing-songy voice: "Car Pockets!"

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...