"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Friday, June 26, 2009

Birthdays



Remember that elementary school teacher you had, the one who turned 29 each year? I think I should be that crazy lady. I didn't have a hard time turning 30. I mean, it wasn't ideal. Especially since I still think of myself as a 22 year old. And I think Jed and I both still look younger than we are (maybe that's wishful thinking, but, a lady in Virginia was shocked to find out we had 3 kids, she thought we were newlyweds), it's just that we're married and toting around 3 kids that gives away our true age. So 30 wasn't horrible, but 31...? I'm not sure I can handle continuing on into the 30s. So maybe when people ask I'll just tell them I'm turning 29 for the next 30 years.

4 comments:

The Man Your Husband Is Worried About said...

You're deceitful. First you won't go by your REAL name anymore, insisting on using MINE, and now you're going to lie about your age.

Cristin said...

That's my strategy - 29 forever. I'm okay with the early 30's, it's the late 30's that scare me.

wendys said...

That's my plan too!

Angela said...

I don't have any kids to give away my age, so I am constantly asked what I am majoring in at school. Its nice, but its always embarrassing for the person asking when I have to tell them I teach at the school and do not actually attend. My plan is to pretend I don't hear people when they ask me how old I am. I will just answer with an inappropriate response and then they will be confused and leave me alone...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...