"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Accomplishments

So, we didn't find a place to live in Virginia over the weekend, but I'm not going to focus on this, I'm going to focus on all we did accomplish over the weekend.


-Jed bought a new laptop for him for grad school.

-Baby X's check-up with his cardiologist went well, he doesn't need another check-up for about a year.

-We left our kids for the longest time we've ever left them (Saturday morning to Tuesday late afternoon). *

-We took the Metro into DC (something I'm hoping to do a lot with the kids) and just walked around, it was like we were already regulars and not huge packs of family reunion tourists in matching shirts and rented bikes.

-We got a good idea of the neighborhoods in the different cities in Virginia where we could end up living.

-We ate a delicious dinner at Maggiano's and got to hang out with Jed's sister's family.

-We drove over about a billion speed bumps in all of the different townhome neighborhoods we were looking in.

-We saw license plates from 38 states and the District of Columbia just on the DC/Virginia part of our trip.

-I read a book (starting it on the plane there, finishing it on the plane home).

-Jed and I learned how to rock out on Rock Band. I prefer the base. He prefers the drums.

-I was released as Primary President at church. (I knew it was happening while we were on vacation so halfway through Sunday School on Sunday Jed leaned over and said, "It's 1:45 in Kansas right now, you aren't Primary President anymore.")

-I had my first birthday cake to start this year's birthday celebration extravaganza early and it only had 4 candles!! Hoorah! **


*Jed reminded me that when Baby X was about 1 1/2 months old he and I flew to CA and drove to AZ for a wedding and the big kids went to my mother-in-law's for a long weekend.

**I remembered after I wrote this post that I actually started my birthday celebrations last week before I left town with a birthday donut and only 1 candle.)

4 comments:

Erin said...

Sounds like a great trip. Isn't it funny to take a plane trip without kids and get all that reading done. It almost makes traveling fun.

wendys said...

You did accomplish a lot. It's hard to find the right place to live, I'm sure you will find a place soon.

the MomBabe said...

I mostly had to comment because I se that you're moving to VA. I live here(transplanted from Arizona) and I love it! There's tons of places to live, and depending on your needs, I know a good realtor... okay, that's it. ;)

Angela said...

Yum...cake...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...