"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Friday, May 15, 2009

Travel Pillows. Check.


Princess Sparkley modeling her new Hannah Montana car neck pillow.



Buddy modeling his new firetruck car neck pillow.



I blogged here about my next sewing projects to get ready for all of our long trips this summer. Here are the first two projects, completed.

And, I bought pinking shears yesterday as my late Mother's Day present so I can make the seat pockets. Jed thought it was a pretty lame Mother's Day present, like a gardening trow. I told him it was an accessory to a hobby of mine. He told me never to buy him a gardening trow for anything. But gardening isn't currently one of his hobbies, so I think we're safe.

5 comments:

Erin said...

Those are so cute! Do you have a pattern? Or did you improvise one?

Angela said...

I love how the kids are pretending to sleep...

Michelle said...

Nice job! Im wonderding too if you have a pattern?. Im not a great seamstress, but I do have a sewing machine. Was this hard to do?

wendys said...

Those are awesome. The kids will sleep peaceful the WHOLE trip. I am sure of it.

Nance said...

I just drew a pattern free hand. But you can find one here: http://www.carewear.org/patterns/sew/images/neck_pillows.pdf

and make it smaller depending on your child, etc.

It was really simple to make. Basically just cut out the shape on two pieces of fabric, pin them together matched up with the two right sides together. Leave about 2-3 inches unsewn in order to turn the fabric right side out and then stuff it. Then sew it closed. It's basically like the ornament I sewed at school in the 5th grade, minus the yarn loop to hang on the tree.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...