"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Pirates


image from imdb.com


I know I'm way behind on this, but I really enjoyed the Pirates of the Caribbean movie... the first one. For some reason, neither Jed or I ever had a desire to see this movie, so we didn't. Over the weekend, in St. Louis at his parents, we decided to watch a movie with Jed's little brother and his brother's wife. It was between Dodgeball and Pirates of the Caribbean and they were all fairly certain that I would not enjoy Dodgeball (they were probably right). I thought Johnny Depp was awesome. He made the movie totally worth it. I was laughing so much every time he was on screen and when Orlando Bloom mimics him... HIlarious!! I haven't seen him in a movie since Cry Baby* and had written him off as a bit of a nut (I'm not sure where I got that... were there crazy tabloid stories about him at some point? Or just the crazy characters he plays.)

*After reading Depp's wikipedia page, I've actually seen a lot of his movies since Cry Baby.
Just not any of the big money maker successes like Pirates, until now.

3 comments:

Cristin said...

I know the part when Orlando Bloom makes fun of him is classic.

Mormon Scientist said...

Garrr! I also love "Pirates" the movies and otherwise. I have a nice collection of pirate figurines in my office along with a flag that reads "The Beatings Will Continue Until Moral Improves". I thought Depp was brilliant.

As for not seeing and commenting on movies until years after they come out... you are not alone. I still haven't seen such blockbusters as Harry Potter or the Lord of the Rings. I don't know why, we just never got around to it.

Erin said...

I think the first Pirates is the best. But "Dodgeball" was very funny. You might really like it too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...