"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Friday, May 22, 2009

Or, maybe this...


image from here (Target.com)


I posted about a kitchen gadget on my future wish list here, a griddle pan. But then last night, I learned how to make homemade tortillas and I'm having second thoughts. Maybe I should get an electric griddle pan instead of one that goes on the stove. Thoughts? What do you use? Prefer?

4 comments:

Leslie said...

I have both of these gadgets and prefer the griddle below to put on my stove. I think because I have a gas stove and adjusting the temp is so much easier than on the electric griddle.

I really like your wall clock idea too!

Mormon Scientist said...

I am a die-hard fan of the electric griddle. My family used one throughout my whole childhood, and now I use one. Actually, I think that I get better controlled and more even heat with the electric griddle. The one down side is that the electric skillet takes a minute or so longer to heat up.

Erin said...

I recently on an electric one from Dillons for about $15. I think we have already gotten our money out of it. For a big family you really need it to get pancakes/french toast made fast enough. I was glad to learn too at Enrichment that I could do tortillas on it! I think that the range kind would be good if you had the range that had a middle burner too, then the heat would be even across the whole thing.

wendys said...

I have an electric skillet which can sort of function like an electric griddle. I love it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...