"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

New Projects

Here are the new projects that are taking over my life (and helping me procrastinate more important things):

1. Pillows for Princess Sparkley and Buddy to have in the car for our long trips. I'm going to sew some like these which are basically undersized, softer Boppy Pillows.

We already picked out the fabric... I'm pretty sure Buddy might like fabric stores just as much as I do. He picked out firetruck fabric (but it was a toss up between Nascar, race car, American flag, hockey, sports, fire hoses, police caution tape, and many other fun fabrics he enjoyed).

We went trying to find some Fancy Nancy fabric for Princess Sparkley and unfortunately they didn't have any, so we came home with Hannah Montana fabric. At least she's never really seen the show (just part of an episode while Grandma was babysitting), she knows some songs, but just likes the idea of being a rock star girl more so than she likes Hannah Montana. I can't blame her, I was a punk rocker for 3 Halloweens in a row when I was a little older than she is.


2. Car seat back organizers. I should probably just spend the money buying this one, but I want it to be cute. And, I think that if I save up my Hancock Fabric coupons*, I'll be able to make this for about the same price, maybe less. And it's definitely less expensive than the cute ones at etsy.com.

*Although now that I actually have a plan for the Hancock Fabric coupons that seem to come so frequently, none are going to show up in my mailbox.

3 comments:

Erin said...

that neck pillow is a great idea! I have the organizers from Sam's club that are similar to the jeep one. Right now they are kind of useless because they hang in front of the little kids who can't utilize them. But they have potential.

julie said...

I love the car seat organizer! I don't sew, never have and never will, but I think I'm going to buy one this week.

Kristi said...

You are always up to something fun! I'll look forward to the finished projects!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...