"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Thursday, May 07, 2009

Big Families

I'll start this by saying I'm not pregnant.

Now I can tell my story. Princess Sparkley gets carsick, so I'm trying to figure out how I can help her on our big car trips this summer. Some of the remedies are easiest to find online, but when I put them in my "cart," the shipping was going to be $7. I couldn't bring myself to pay that, so I did some investigating around town yesterday. I ended up at a local health food store. Unfortunately, they didn't have Queasy Pops, for kids with motion sickness, but they did have Preggie Pops, for expecting moms with morning sickness. I asked a girl working there if they had the Queasy Pops variety, she said no but that PS could probably just eat the Preggie Pops. They are all natural and drug free. I read the ingredients and agreed. Then I found myself at the check out, with two kids fighting over the tiny grocery cart, Baby X struggling in my arms and Preggie Pops. My checker gave me a look. That's what made me realize I had three kids in tow and was buying something that indicated I was pregnant with #4. That made me a bit self-conscious and I wasn't even pregnant, but I know that there's a pretty good chance that someday there will be a #4. If Jed has his way, #4 will be twins.

4 comments:

The Man Your Husband Is Worried About said...

If Jed had his way, #4 would be twins already in the oven!

wendys said...

Wow, I'm not sure if we will make it past two kids! You should have told the clerk, 'those preggie pops are not for me, they are for my daughter' and then seen what kind of look she would give you!

Cristin said...

I love it. You are giving your daughter preggie pops. She's going to be eating those all over the place while other kids have dum dums.

JT said...

I'm all for having twins. Who wouldn't want two for one? The best part is that they would serve as constant birth control when the baby urges return.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...